Clean and safe at the Riffelhaus 1853
The Riffelhaus 1853 strictly follows the recommendations and regulations of the Federal Council to contain the virus. Therefore, our entire team will be doing everything possible to protect your health and to make your stay as indulging as possible. For your personal health and safety as well as the health and safety of our employees, we have defined the following health and safety concept:
- Inside restaurants and bars, a certificate will be compulsory from Monday, 13 September 2021.
- On terraces, however, no certificate is required.
- Inside spa and wellness areas, a certificate will be compulsory from Monday, 13 September 2021.
- All employees were trained on the respective protection concept for their area of activity.
- Please note that wearing a mask in all public areas (Lobby, corridors, restaurants, bars, Spa/Wellness, Ski-room) is mandatory.
- Hand disinfectants were applied in all public areas of the hotel.
- In all our restaurants, staff must disinfect their hands after clearing food and drinks.
- All cleaning staff must wear gloves throughout their working hours.
- Our employees must regularly disinfect their hands during service, especially when serving new guests.
- Our employees carefully follow all recommendations and obligatory measures of the Federal Office of Public Health.
- Masks and gloves are available to our guests on request.
- Handles, operating buttons in the lift, railings, counters etc. are disinfected thoroughly and frequently.
- The lift may only be used by several people at the same time, if they are family members or one person from the same room.
- Disinfecting hands or using disposable gloves is mandatory at all buffets.
- Likewise, the daily room cleaning service can be waived. This is to be indicated by a red card (Do not Disturb) at the room door.
- Access to the steam bath, sauna and whirlpool may only be granted to a maximum of 4 people from the same group at the same time. In order to offer you the greatest possible security, a reservation is required to use these services.
The hygiene and safety measures are regularly adapted to the latest recommendations of the Federal Office of Public Health and the canton.
As a further preventive precautionary measure to limit the spread of the coronavirus, we kindly ask you to refrain from visiting the Riffelhaus 1853 if you have visited a foreign country during the last two weeks, if you have not felt healthy within the last ten days or if you are currently suffering from fever, cough or any other cold / flu symptoms. To clarify these questions a legally required questionnaire needs to be fulfilled upon arrival. For up-to-date safety information and travel regulations, please also consult the websites of the Swiss Confederation https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home.html + https://foph-coronavirus.ch/ and the WHO
The following facilities are open during the season:
From 26.12.2020 10.00 p.m. only for internal hotel guests
Dinner for hotel guests: 19.00 to 20.30
Lunch: 11.30 to 15.00
7 am - 10.00 am (buffet offer)
Of course, we will be happy to answer any additional questions you may have personally.
We thank you for your information and wish you a pleasant and relaxing stay with us at the Riffelhaus 1853!
- Disinfect Hands
- Wear protective mask
- Keep distance
We strictly follow the recommendations and regulations of the Federal Council and the WHO to contain the virus. Therefore, our entire team will be doing everything possible to protect your health and to make your stay as indulging as possible. For your personal health and safety as well as the health and safety of our employees, we have defined the following guest information Covid-19.
As a further preventive precautionary measure to limit the spread of corona-virus, we kindly ask you to refrain from visiting the Riffelhaus 1853 if you have visited a foreign country with increased risk of infection during the last two weeks (see current list of the Federal Office of Public Health), if you have not felt healthy within the last ten days or if you are currently suffering from fever, a cough or any other cold / flu symptoms.
For up-to-date information on safe travel and travel regulations as well as information on quarantine, please visit the websites of the Federal Office of Public Health , World Health Organisation and canton of Valais.
All information about the measures and restrictions due to COVID-19 in Zermatt can be found in the live ticker.
The "Clean & Safe" campaign is supported by Switzerland Tourism. Service suppliers are responsible for ensuring that the safety protocols are implemented and complied with. Some of the requirements of the safety concepts will change as lockdown rules gradually ease.